Swachh Bharat Abhiyan: Country is weaving new stories in cleanliness, says PM Modi
PM Modi has lauded Swachh Bharat Abhiyan for fueling new energy in the development of the country
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday said that public participation has provided a new energy in the development of the country and Swachh Bharat Abhiyan stands as a testimony to that.
PM Modi tweeted, “The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a direct proof of how public participation can fill new energy in the development of a country. Be it the construction of toilets or disposal of waste, preservation of historical heritage or competition for cleanliness, the country is writing new stories in the field of cleanliness today.”
Along with this tweet, PM Modi also shared an infographics, in which the details of the work done so far under the Swachh Bharat Mission have been presented.
According to this:
* All the villages and cities of the country have become open defecation free.
* Over 58,000 villages and 3,300 cities have been declared ODF plus.
* The government has been able to construct toilets in over 11.5 crore households, making the life of citizens dignified.
* In cities and villages, more than 8.2 lakh community swachh compounds have been constructed; making sure toilets are available for use nearly everywhere.
* Execution of waste management increased four times in cities from 26 tonnes in 2013-14 to 1 lakh tonnes in 2021-22 daily.
* Nearly 2.5 lakh garbage disposal vans today collect door-to-door waste from 87 thousand wards.
* Under the Gobardhan Yojana, 232 districts house 350 biogas plants- better and more useful disposal of cow dung, a very good example of best from waste.
* More than 10 lakh community and domestic soak pit have been constructed under the Sujlam plan and so far over 1.4 lakh villages have benefitted through better water distribution.
* Ban on single-use plastic and recycling encouraged through country-wide campaign.