"Make India a developed nation in next 25 years": In Independence Day address, PM Modi sets a goal for India@75
The country should move ahead with the big resolve of a developed India, PM Modi said
Addressing the nation from the ramparts of New Delhi's Red Fort to mark the 76th Independence Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday gave a clarion call to make India a developed nation in the next 25 years.
"As we wake up to this auspicious morning of 76th Independence Day, we must resolve to make India a developed nation in the next 25 years," PM Modi asserted
He went on to list the 'Panch Pran' or five vows to achieve this objective:
1. The first vow is for the country to move ahead with a big resolve. And that big resolution is of a developed India; and now we should not settle for anything less than that. Big resolution!
2. The second Pran is that in no part of our existence, not even in the deepest corners of our mind or habits should there be any ounce of slavery. It should be nipped there itself.
3. The third Pran is that we should feel proud of our heritage and legacy. Since it is this same legacy which had given India its golden period in the past. And it is this legacy that has an innate capability of transforming itself with time.
4. Fourth Pran which is equally important is unity and solidarity. Amongst 130 million countrymen when there is harmony and bonhomie, unity becomes its strongest virtue. "Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat" – is one of the unifying initiatives to actuate the dream of the fourth Pran.
5. Fifth Pran is the duty of the citizens, in which even the Prime Minister, Chief Minister cannot be an exclusion as they are also responsible citizens and have a duty towards the nation. This virtue is going to be the vital life force if we want to achieve the dreams we have for the next 25 years.
According to Prime Minister Modi, providing electricity connection to 2.5 crore people in such a short time was not a small task, but the country has done it. Today the country is rapidly providing 'water from tap' to the homes of lakhs of families. Freedom from open defecation has become possible in India today. "Experience tells us that we can achieve our goals once we are determined," he pointed out.
Be it the goal of renewable energy, the intention of building new medical colleges in the country or creating a workforce of doctors, the pace has increased a lot in every field, PM Modi noted. "And that's why I say that the coming 25 years should be of huge resolutions, this should be our life and this should be our pledge," he added.
"Today when we are entering the 'Azadi Ka AmritKaal', the next 25 years are very significant for our country. And that's why today as I am talking about the strength of 130 crore countrymen, witnessing their dreams and feeling their resolutions from the ramparts of Red Fort, I believe we must focus our attention on the 'Panch Pran' for the coming 25 years. You have to concentrate on your resolve and strength. And we must take up the responsibility of fulfilling all the dreams of the freedom fighters by embracing those 'Panch Pran' by 2047 when the country celebrates 100 years of independence," Prime Minister Modi said.
"This should be our great resolve that my country will be a developed country, we will develop a people-centric system in every parameter of development and we will have every human being and his hopes and aspirations at our center. We know that when India makes great resolutions, it also implements them," Prime Minister Modi elaborated.